Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flat Tires

To train for the upcoming half ironman Randy and I decided to bike 40 miles to the cottage, and immediately follow that with a 10 mile run. We were within approximately 15 miles of the cottage when my tire was punctured by a staple. Erin came to our rescue, and drove our bikes up. She dropped us off near Grant, and we completed our training by running up from there. The irony is I always carry a spare tire fixing kit, spare tube, and bike pump. I've been carrying these ever since I had my first flat tire miles from home almost 10 years ago. Of course this flat happened on one of the very rare occasions I didn't have my pump.
Even more ironic, the following Monday as I left work I noticed my car tire was completely flat. There was no sign of damage, and it turned out to be a broken valve. I have had far too much tire drama for one week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any chance of an update comin soon?