I turned 27 on May 31. I wasn't expecting a party, because Memorial Day weekend Melissa made me two cakes (box cake with confetti sprinkles, and double chocolate delight with chocolate pudding and chocolate chips) to bring to the cottage. So I assumed the extent of my celebration was to eat those cakes with family and friends at the cottage.
To my surprise our friend Tala came over after dinner on Wednesday night, and we sat down together and ate Rum cake that Melissa made. After about an hour Tala took off, and not 5 minutes later Randy stopped by. Again, more Rum cake. We tried to also soak in the hot tub, but discovered that it was nonfunctional.
Thinking my celebration was over, I had a quiet birthday dinner at home with Melissa on my actual birthday Thursday night. She gave me my gift of a weighted vest, which was AWESOME!
After dinner we went out to do some yard work, and our friends Eric and Sarah drove up. What an amazing surprise! We went in and had some cheesecake Melissa bought. Shortly thereafter, our friends Jon and Melissa arrived as well. It was quite a surprise for me. I'm not normally a big social/party person, but it was very nice to celebrate my birthday with friends.
Also, all that cake (in addition to my old age) will give me a good excuse why Darren and Randy beat me in the upcoming triathlon.
To my surprise our friend Tala came over after dinner on Wednesday night, and we sat down together and ate Rum cake that Melissa made. After about an hour Tala took off, and not 5 minutes later Randy stopped by. Again, more Rum cake. We tried to also soak in the hot tub, but discovered that it was nonfunctional.
Thinking my celebration was over, I had a quiet birthday dinner at home with Melissa on my actual birthday Thursday night. She gave me my gift of a weighted vest, which was AWESOME!
After dinner we went out to do some yard work, and our friends Eric and Sarah drove up. What an amazing surprise! We went in and had some cheesecake Melissa bought. Shortly thereafter, our friends Jon and Melissa arrived as well. It was quite a surprise for me. I'm not normally a big social/party person, but it was very nice to celebrate my birthday with friends.Also, all that cake (in addition to my old age) will give me a good excuse why Darren and Randy beat me in the upcoming triathlon.

1 comment:
Schaafs don't have the privelage of using excuses... HOOOO RAHH!!!
Post a Comment