
Overall it took me 2:47:50. Of 268 participants, I got 178th place. Triathlons bring out a more hard-core crowd than running events, so I don't expect to do as well comparatively. I did the 0.93mi swim in 32:32. That pace would be 11:39 at PLT.
Transition 1 took me a horrid 2:50.
I biked the 24.8 miles in 1:21:38, for an average of 18.22mph. This pace would be a 31:16 PLT bike.
Transition 2 was decent at 54 seconds.
After the bike my leg muscles were totally exhausted and gave me no"spring." As a result I ran "heavy" and destroyed my knees. They are pretty sore. I ran 6.2miles in 49:59. This is 8:04min/mi pace, which would be 41:55 in the PLT.
So if I did this same pace at PLT I'd get 1:24:50 (not counting transitions).

Melissa dropped me off, and picked strawberries 5 minutes away with Val. They came back at perfect time to see me in the run as they were driving in. They got to the finish in time to watch me finish. We came home with 19lbs of strawberries, which is a nice finishing prize.

No comments:
Post a Comment