After telling my parents our good news, that weekend I went to a baby shower for my cousins Kellie and Kristen (see May 4 blog). My mom and I thought it would be fun to surprise all my cousins and aunts with our news as well and what a better time than when everyone was there. It also so happened that I was the 6th (can you believe it?) in an ongoing line on cousins of mine that were pregnant - one each month starting in June! Our surprise was this: At the end of the shower, my mom would ask all the pregnant cousins to line up in order of due date (June, July. . . etc. through to October), then I would just pop up on the end and when they all started looking at me funny because they didn't think I was pregnant, I would say, "Yes, I'm due in November!" Things got sticky right from the start however. From the moment I entered the door there was talk of the line-up of monthly mommies, and then Kristen shouts, "and there's Miss November" and points at me! My eyes got huge - how did they know? I laughed and quietly shook my head in denial. I didn't want to break the news yet! My mom and I exchanged a glance. The entire length of the shower everyone was teasing me, "Miss November" this and that! Although they didn't REALLY know, it was weird that they knew! Finally at the end, our picture time came. I headed to the end of the line and everyone laughed thinking I was going on with the joke. Someone even said, "just have Melissa be in the picture, and if she isn't pregnant, we can cut her out later!" Finally when I just stood there a while, I started nodding my head and said, Yes, I really WAS due in November!!! Oh, the shrieks a large group of women can make! Everyone was surprised and I got true congratulations and hugs all around. It was a LOT of fun! So now the question is. . . who is Miss December?
Kellie (June), Kristen (July), Angie (August), Jessica (Sept.), Jen (Oct.), Me (Nov.)

P.S. Kellie just had her baby - Congratulations Miss June!

No comments:
Post a Comment