
This year I've planted (left to right) lettuce (x2 rows), chard, broccoli, snow peas, bell peppers (in front of peas), tomatoes, and in the back on trellises: cucumber and pole beans.
Did you know before the peas develop there are beautiful little flowers that bloom?
And what can I do with this super garden? Why, make a salad, of course. Yumm. . .
We recently have had 1 pest on our tomatoes. At first when I saw this caterpillar I thought, "Oh, maybe it will turn into a monarch butterfly or something," but after some internet research, we discovered it is a tomato hornworm
and turns into a lovely brown moth looking bug that just eats tomato plants. Great. At least they're big enough to spot pretty easily. So far 6 have attempted to gorge themselves on my tomatoes.A few more views of our lovely flowers.



1 comment:
That salad certainly looks good! Wish I could grow a garden so well! Love, Mom
Post a Comment