Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Jason's January Resolution Report

One month into 2007's resolutions:
I resolved to do pushups

sit-ups

and chin-ups

until failure every day. I've consistently kept to the routine. The only adjustments to the original plan were substituting pull-ups for chin-ups every other day, and substituting side-ups for sit-ups every other day. What is done for side-ups changes quite often, so they've been more difficult to track progress. It's always something that attempts to exercise the sides of my core and obliques rather than just the front abdominals used in sit-ups.

The only disappointment is the number of miles I've run. I was hoping to run around 15 miles a week, which would put me around 60 total for January. Instead I've only logged 38. I've also done 855 Pushups, 487 Sit-ups, 500 Side-ups, 205 Chin-ups, and 150 Pull-ups. My scatter plot shows a general upward trend. Hopefully I can continue that into the rest of 2007.


I'm also happy to report that our Bible reading has gone well. We have read all of Genesis, 12 chapters of Exodus, 20 chapters of Matthew, 25 Psalms, and 5 chapters of Proverbs.

Just 11 more months to go!