I've always been a night owl. It has always been much easier for me to stay awake at night than to get up in the morning. Unfortunately Melissa is an early bird. No matter how much sleep she got the night before, she finds herself tired at 10pm. But three days a week she is able to get up for a 7am shift, while I struggle to make 9am every day. Our difference in sleep habits has led to some tension as Melissa would prefer not to got to bed alone, and I would prefer not to lie in bed wide awake for two hours. Recently, I tried to make the compromise of at least being in the bedroom while Melissa went to sleep without actually laying in bed. Armed with only a deck of casino cards I passed the time. At first this involved games of solitaire and free cell. These games quickly got old, so I began making card houses.

Each house took a slightly different design.

Eventually, this pattern proved the most structurally sound.


It was used as the underlying base for this 52-card specimen which ended up being the only three-story model I was able to construct.
1 comment:
Wow, I am in awe of your card-stacking skills. By the way, I'm a night owl as well (if you can't tell by the time of my comment). I always thought you were crazy, but once I started going in at 8:30ish, it seems so normal, and sometimes a rush to make it in by 9:00...
Post a Comment