On New Year's Day I attended the traditional Boersma Bowling & Bowl Game party. Unfortunately Melissa had to work and could not attend. Things started with Bowling at Eastbrook Lanes. The alley must have had a wild night on New Year's Eve because there were several sticky spots on the floor. Uncle Mart and Aunt Barb were there along with Grandpa and Grandma. Tom and Brenda were there with Joel and Susan. Rachael came with her fiancee Darren. Uncle Dave and Aunt Sue came with their 4 kids. I got off to a slow start because I couldn't get my hook figured out. I started hooking too hard and every shot ended up on the left. Then I over-compensated by hooking too soft and every shot ended up in the right gutter. Uncle Mart suggested I should switch to the bumper lane that Dean and Eric were using. So in the 7th frame I decided to go to my straight ball. That's when I picked up two strikes back to back, a spare, and finally a strike in the 10th. In my bonus shots I knocked down 9 and ended with a respectable 125. In the second game Evan and Uncle Roger showed up. I fell apart in the second game and didn't bother to check my score.
After bowling we went to Mart and Barb's to watch the Rose Bowl. There was a lot of good snacks and food, family and fun. However, the game was a different story. Michigan's offense could never put together a solid drive. They made several big 3rd and long plays, but were never consistent. USC, meanwhile, marched the ball up the field almost every possession, and seldom had to punt. It really hurt Michigan's argument that they rather than Florida should have been in the championship game against Ohio State.
At half-time the boys headed down-stairs for some fun. Evan and Dean duked it out on the Ping-Pong table. I bested Joel in 2 of 3 games of pool.
The second half was no better than the first. Mid-way through the 4th quarter I decided I had seen enough, and headed home. End of story.
Monday, January 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment